Tabbouleh with Edamame and Grilled Ripe Plantain Recipe
By February 26, 2017Published:
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
- 1 can edamame
- 2 whole ripe plantains peeled and sliced
- 4 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dry ginger powder
- 1 spoon grounded black pepper
- 1 whole cucumber Peeled and chopped
- 1 whole onion peeled and chopped
- 50g fresh parsley leaves blended
- 2 spoons fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 green chili peppers blended
- pinch olive oil spray
- Place the cucumber, parsley, onion, and edamame in a large bowl.
- Whisk the 3 spoons of olive oil, lemon juice, grounded pepper and salt to taste together to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mix and mix them together.
- Mix the one spoon of olive oil with the ginger powder and salt. Coat the plantain in mixture and marinate it for 10mins before grilling them
- Spray a pinch of olive in a grill pan and heat it up. Place the plantain on the grill pan an cook for 2mins. Cover the grill pan and cook for another 2-4mins. Turn the plantains over and grill with a cover them for another 2mins. Once cooked, transfer onto a plate and let them cool down. then add them to the salad mixture.
- Mix the salad with the grilled ripe plantain gently. Transfer a portion of the salad onto a plate for serving. Enjoy!!