Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes and Chic Peas Recipe
By May 16, 2015Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- 1 small Sweet potato sliced into large chips form
- 1 can or cup Cooked chic peas
- 4 spoons Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 spoon freshly squeezed lemon
- 3 spoons Cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 1 whole Avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 whole onion peeled and finely chopped
- 3 gloves of garlic peeled
- olive oil spray
- 1 spoon cumin
- Spray olive oil on a oven pan tray to cover the surface. Place the chopped sweet potatoes in the pan. Sprinkle the cumin, cinnamon, salt and olive oil spray over the sweet potatoes.
- Preheat the oven at 220C for 10 minutes. Place the tray of sweet poates in the oven and cook 25-30. Turn the sweet potatoes every 10minutes for both sides to cook well.
- For serving , place three to four sweet potatoes on a plate as shown in the image. Place 2 or 3 spoons of the sauce paste in the center of the plate and on top of the tip of the sweet potatoes. Enjoy!!
- For the sauce, place the avocado, garlic, lemon 2 spoons of olive oil and salt in a food processor. Blend till smooth. Transfer the paste into bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, onions, green beans, 1 spoon of olive oil and chic peas. Stir them into the paste.