Sultana Pinto Beans Couscous Salad Recipe
By April 17, 2016Published:
- 1/2 cup Wholewheat couscous
- 1 cup Dried sultanas
- 90g Chopped parsley
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons Rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups Cooked pinto leaves
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Grounded black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable bouillon paste
- 1 Cloves of garlic diced
- 1 cup Boiling hot water
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- Dilute the vegetable paste in the boiling hot water. Add the garlic, thyme leaves and salt to taste. Pour the hot water over the couscous in a large bowl. Cover the bowl with a cling film , then a napkin and let it sit for 10mins.
- Remove the napkin and cling film and stir with a fork.
- In a large bowl, place pinto beans, add the parsley, sultans, onion and the couscous. Mix the the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the rapeseed oil, lemon juice, salt to taste and the grounded pepper. Stir salad mix thoroughly and then transfer a portion onto a serving plate. Enjoy!!!