Spinach and Coconut Tortilla Wrap Recipe
By April 1, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
- 2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup feshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 whole Red paprika seeded and chopped
- 1 whole green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup olives
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 spoons fesh parsley
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 spoon freshly squeezed lemon
- Remove and place the boiled spinach in a blender. Add the coconut water and blend till smooth. Pour the spinach puree into the flour mix.
- Place in a mixing bowl the flour, the grated coconut and salt. Mix them with a a whisk.
- Add the olive oil to the flour/spinach mix to form a dough.
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap or napkin and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions. Roll each portion, from the center outward into a circle on a floured surface
- Heat up a cast iron frying pan for 5minutes. One at a time, place the tortillas on the pan and cook both sides 1 minute
- In a salad bowl,the red and green paprikas, onions, salt, parsely, olive oil, salt and lemon. Mix all together.
- Use 1-2 spoons of the salad mix as the filling for each tortillas.