Please like & share:
Baby Spinach Salad with Cheesy Sweet Plantain Recipe
By March 19, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 32 mins
- 3 Sweet Plantain Peeled and chopped
- 1 Red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 whole Red onion peeled and chopped
- 3 spoons Sasame seeds
- 6 spoons Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 spoon Cinnamon powder
- 2 spoons Cayenne powder
- 2 handful Baby spinach washed and drained
- 5 Chili pepper chopped
- 5 spoons Mature cheddar Cheese
- 30g Parsely chopped
- 3 spoons Grated dry coconut
- Place the sweet plantain in a bowl , add the cayenne powder, cinnamon powder, salt to taste, 3 spoons of olive oil and mix them all together.
- Transfer the sweet plantain mix onto tray. Place the tray in a heated 220 degree oven and roast for 10-15minutes. Thereafter add the cheddar cheese on top of the plantain and place back in the oven for another 5minutes. Let it cool down.
- Place the baby spinach, chopped yellow pepper,red peeper, onion and parsley in a large bowl. Add sesame seeds, grated coconut, 3 spoons of olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add the cheesy plantain to the salad mix. Mix the salad and transfer a portion onto plate for serving. Enjoy!!