Spinach & Beans Stew with Egg Fried Ripe Plantain Recipe
By October 10, 2014Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 2 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 3 hrs 20 mins
- 7 spoons Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup black eye beans
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 6 green chilli chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 cups sliced spinach (kontomire)
- 2 maggi cubes or teriyaki or vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- 1 ripe plantain sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 fresh tomato chopped
- 100ml water
- Pour beans in a salad bowl. Add spinach (kontomire) and mix thoroughly
- Heat about 4 spoons of olive oil in large pan and add onions. Cook about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place chill pepper, onion, salt, garlic tomatoes, tomato paste, seasoning, water in a blender. blend till it smooth. Pour it in the sauce pan with the fried onions and olive oil. Cook for 20-25minutes
- Add beans. Cook for 20 - 30minutes
- Boil ripe plantain in water for 15-20minutes. Drain Plantain.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat well with a fork. Add the boiled ripe plantain to soak up the egg.
- In a frying pan, heat up 3 spoons of olive oil. Place the slices of ripe plantain in the frying pan . cook both side for a 30 seconds. Pour beaten egg over it and cook both sides till golden.
- For serving, place spinach (kontomire) and beans stew on a plate. Place a slice of egg fried plantain over it . Add another layer of the stew. Enjoy!!!