Please like & share:
Spicy Sweet Potato & Lentils Pie Recipe
By January 29, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
- 30g fresh coriander leaves
- 2 whole onions peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 spoons cumin
- 6 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 spoon fresh ginger paste
- 3 spoons nutritional yeast
- 3 spoons cayenne pepper
- 2 spoons Knorr Aromat Sasoning
- fine sea salt to taste
- 150g green lentils
- 1 large Sweet potato peeled and diced
- Boil the sweet potato in water for 15mins. Then, drain the water from the potatoes.
- Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the packaging or bring it to boil and then let it simmer at a low temperature for 30min. Then drain the water from the lentils.
- Place the coriander leaves, onions, garlic, cayenne pepper and ginger in a food processor and blend for 10secs. Scoop out a small portion of the coriander paste for the lentils.
- Add half of the boiled sweet potatoes, three spoons of the lentils, salt to taste, oil and cumin and blend for 3-5secs.
- Mash the remaining potato in a bowl and the blended potato and mix them together.
- In a bowl add the coriander paste, salt to taste and three spoons of oil to the lentils. Mix them altogether.
- Transfer a portion of the pie onto a plate. Serve with lettuce on the side. Enjoy!!
- Pre-heat the oven at 200oC for 10mins. Please the oven tray of the potato and lentils in the oven. Bake for 15mins and the grill for 5mins. remove from the oven and let it cool down before serving.