Spicy Red Cabbage, Carrot, Kale, Aubergine Salad with Chia Seeds Recipe
By December 6, 2015Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 3 handful Kale
- 1 whole Aubergine cut into cubes
- 1/4 Red cabbage
- 2 spoons Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 teaspoon Fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- Chilli peppers
- 2 spoons lemon juice
- 6 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- spoon agave syrup
- Place the kale in a food processor, blend for 10 seconds and transfer it to a large salad bowl. Repeat the process one at a time for the red cabbage, onion, chilli peppers and carrot.
- Heat up 3 spoons of extra virgin oil in an iron grill pan, add the aubergine and then salt and grill for 5 to 7minutes until they are browned and soft. Once cooked, let the aubergine cool down for 5-10minutes.
- Add the aubergine to the salad and mix thoroughly.
- For the dressing, combine agave syrup, lemon juice, extra virgin oil and salt in a jar with a lid. Cover and shake well to mix ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly.
- For serving, transfer 1 or 2 spoons of salad onto a plate. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 spoon of chia seeds over it. Enjoy!!!!