Romaine Salad with Couscous & Mandarin Dressing Recipe
By August 2, 2016Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 large romaine lettuce sliced
- 2 spoons vegetable bouillon paste
- 2 spoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 4 spoons olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 3 spoons fresh mandarin juice
- 1 spoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 spoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- fine sea salt to taste
- Place the couscous in a large bowl then add the vegetable bouillon paste, pinch of salt, 2 spoons of olive oil and 2-3 cups of boiling water.
- Stir thorough and cover the couscous mixture with a cling film. Let it swell for 5-10mins. Then stir it.
- Add the romaine lettuce, spring onions, tomatoes, mix them all together with the couscous.
- To make the dressing, place the garlic, 2 spoons of olive oil, nutritional yeast, grounded pepper, mandarin juice, lemon juice and salt to taste in a blended. Blend till smooth.
- Pour the dressing onto the couscous mixture and mix them together thoroughly. Transfer a portion of the couscous onto plate for serving. Enjoy!!