Please like & share:
Warm Quinoa Lentils with Pine Nuts Recipe
By January 3, 2016Published:
- Yield: 3 (3 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 100g fesh parsley finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 100g pine nuts
- 3 spoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 spoon vegetable bouillon
- salt to taste
- 6 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Soak the lentils for 3-5 hours, then boil it in water for 40 minutes. Add salt to taste just before draining the water from it.
- Transfer a 2-3 spoons onto a plate for serving.
- Place the lentils and the quinoa in a large salad bowl, add the garlic, parsley, onion, carrots, lemon juice, salt to taste and extra virgin oil. Mix all ingredients together.
- Heat up a s skillet and put the nuts in it. Stir the nuts until golden. Transfer the nuts onto a plate for it to cool down.
Sprinkle some of the toasted pine nuts over the salad. Enjoy!!