Peas, Egg and Barley Salad Recipe
By October 18, 2015Published:
- Yield: 3 (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
- 1 cup barley
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 whole onion sliced
- 1 spoons soya sauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 5 spoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon
- sea salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 spoon vegetable bouillon paste
- Boil the peas in salt water for 1 minute and drain the water water from them.
- Place the barley in a cooking pot. Add 21/2 cups of water and the vegetable bouillon paste to it and mix. At a high heat bring to boil. Reduce the heat and bring to simmer. cook for 40-45 minutes. Let it cool down.
- Mix the peas, chopped carrots, onions, barley
- Heat up a frying pan, add 2 spoons of olive oil. Add the baited eggs and divide into pieces. Transfer the eggs onto a plate and let it cool down.
- In a large bowl, place the barley, onions, carrots, peas and mix them together.
- For the dressing, mix the freshly squeezed lemon, salt and pepper to taste, 3 spoons of olive oil and soya sauce in a small bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix. Transfer 2 large spoons of the salad onto a plate fr serving. Enjoy!!