Okra, Oyster Mushroom & Carrot Sushi Roll Recipe
By April 2, 2017Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 40 mins
- 1/2 cup Sushi Rice
- 1 whole Red Onion peeled and diced
- 3 Carrots Peeled and shredded
- 125g Oyster Mushroom sliced
- 2 spoons vegan bouillion
- 1 spoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 spoons Olive Oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- 2 spoons Gluteen-free soya sauce
- 12 pieces Okras head and tail trimmed and sliced
- 3 Nori Sheets
- Cook the sushi rice according to the instructions on the packaging in a rice cooker for about 15mins
- Heat up the olive oil a frying pan. Then add the oyster mushroom, half of the onion and sautee them for 2mins. add a pinch of salt and cayenne powder, the vegan bouillon powder and stir them. Finally add the sliced okras and stir them together. Cover the frying pan and let them simmer at low heat for 5mins.
- Place the shredded carrot in a bowl, add the remaining onion and the fried vegetables. Mix them together.
- To prepare the sushi roll, spread some of the rice all over a nori sheet placed on a bamboo mat. Place a small portion of the vegetable filling in the centre of the rice.
- Fold the bottom edge of the nori sheet over the filling, then roll it up firmly. Then cut the roll into two using a serrated knife. Repeat the process for the remaining nori sheet to create three rolls.
- Serve the sushi roll with gluteen-free soya sauce on the side. Enjoy!!