Please like & share:
Jollof Rice Kale Salad with Tofu Sausage Recipe
By January 9, 2017Published:
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
- 200g Rice
- 100g Kale sliced
- 50g Red Cabbage sliced
- 400g Tofu sausage
- 1 whole Red Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 6 spoons rapseed oil
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 3 spoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 spoon fresh thyme
- 2 spoons tomato puree
- 1 spoon Fresh ginger paste
- 1.5-2l Water
- 3 spoons Vegtable Bouillon paste
- 2 spoons Nutrutional yeast
- 2 whole Onions peeled, chopped and blended
- To make the Jolllof Rice, heat up rapseed oil in a sauce pan. In the meantime blend the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, onions, vegetable bouillon paste, thyme and ginger in a blender. Blend till smooth. Then pour the mixture in the heated sauce pan.
- Add 50ml of water and bring the sauce to boil. Then lower the temperature and let the sauce simmer for 1-20minutes. stir it every 5mins.
- Add the rice, then 1.5l cold water and salt to taste. Cover with a foil and a lid and let it simmer for 20mins. Stir it every 10mins.
- Heat up the oven for 10mins and place the tofu sausages in it. Grill it for 5-8mins. Chop the sausages for into pieces and add it to the cooked Jollof Rice.
- Place the sliced red cabbage and kale in a large bowl. Add 1 spoon of olive oil, 1 table spoon of lemon juice, 1 spoon of Knorr salad powder dressing powder and a pinch of salt. Mix them altogether.
- Add the Jollof Rice to the salad and mix them thoroughly.
- Transfer a portion of the Jollof Rice salad onto a plate for serving. Enjoy!!!