Hummus Carrot Cucumber Seaweed Sushi Recipe
By May 1, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- 1 can cooked black eye beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 spoon tahini sauce
- 1 spoons grounded black pepper
- 2 spoons fresh lemon juice
- fine sea salt to taste
- 1 spoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole cucumber finely chopped
- 1/2 romaine lettuce finely slice
- 4 carrots peeled and shredded
- 8 seaweed nori sheets 2 sheets per roll
- 1/2 onion chopped
- In a food processor, place the black eye beans, garlic, tahini sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, grounded pepper and salt. Blend all the ingredients together till they are smooth.
- Place a seaweed nori sheet on a bamboo sushi mat. Spread 3-4 spoons of the hummus over the surface of the nori sheet. Then cover the surface of the hummus with the shredded carrots. Then place the sliced cucumber in the middle and the onion and romaine lettuce on both sides of it.
- To roll the sushi, lift the edge of the mat and apply applying a little pressure to bold the sushi. While holding the mat, carefully place another nori sheet over the open section of the sushi and wrap it around the other nori sheet. Apply pressure again until, everything in a tight roll.
- Slice the sushi roll into two using a sharp knife. Enjoy!!