Please like & share:
Grilled Tempeh Skewers with Roasted Spicy Butternut Squash, Carrots & Parsnip Recipe
By December 11, 2016Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 1 hr 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 mins
- 200g Tempeh sliced into cubes
- 1 Red paprika seeded and chopped
- 1 Yellow paprika seeded and chopped
- 1 Green paprika seeded and chopped
- 2 whole Red Onion peeled and sliced into cubes
- 20g Fresh Parsley blended
- 2 spoons Teriyaki sauce
- 3 spoons Cayenne pepper
- 2 spoons Cinnamon
- 6 spoons Melted coconut oil
- 2 spoons Dry oregano
- 1 whole Butternut squash peeled and sliced into cubes
- 2 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 Parsnips peeled and sliced
- Place the butternut squash, carrots, parsnip and half of the onion in a large bowl. Add the dry oregano, cinnamon, 2 spoons of cayenne pepper, 4 spoons of melted coconut oil and salt to taste. Mix them all together. Transfer onto an oven tray and let it sit for 60mins.
- Place 2 spoons of coconut oil, teriyaki sauce, 1 spoon of cayenne pepper and salt to taste. Whisk the ingredients together to create a marinated sauce. Transfer the tempeh into the sauce and onto an oven tray and marinate for 60mins.
- Heat up the oven at 220C for 10mins. Transfer tempeh in the oven and roast for 10mins. Then grill the tempeh for 5mins. Thread tempeh, onion and paprikas onto skewers.
- Place the tray of butternut squash, carrots, parsnip and onion in the oven and roast for 20mins. Sprinkle some parsley over them and mix them together
- For serving, place a small portion of the roasted vegetables on a plate and place 2-4 skewers on the side . Sprinkle some parsley over them for garnsihing. Enjoy!!