Please like & share:
Grilled Ripe Plantain Salsa with Smoked Aubergine Puree Recipe
By March 19, 2017Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 4 large tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 50g fresh parsley leaves blended
- 2 whole onions peeled and diced
- 3 spoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 whole Ripe plantain peeled and diced
- 7 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- 1 whole Aubergine sliced
- 1 large Chill pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 spoon dry oregano
- 1 spoon dry ginger powder
- 1 spoon Cinnamon powder
- Vegan Bouillon Powder
- 1 spoon cayenne pepper powder
- Place the ripe plantain in a bowl and add the ginger powder, cinnamon, salt to taste, 2 spoons of olive oil . Mix them altogether.
- Heat up an iron griddle frying pan and grill the ripe plantain in it at low temperate 10mins. Turn them around every 2mins
- Place the chopped aubergine in a large bowl, add the onion, cayenne pepper, chilli pepper, garlic, 3spoons of olive oil , salt to taste, vegan bouillon powder and mix them altogether. transfer onto an oven tray
- Pre-heat the oven at 200C for 10mins, place the tray of aubergine in the oven. Roast for about10mins. Then remove the aubergine from the oven
- Let the aubergine cool down and blend it in a food processor.
- For the salsa, Place the tomatoes in a large bowl. then add the parsley, onion, lemon juice, chili pepper, 2 spoons of olive oil and salt to taste. Mix them together thoroughly.
- For serving, transfer a portion of aubergine puree in the center of a plate, add the salsa and then the ripe plantain. Sprinkle a bit of cayenne pepper powder over it. Enjoy!!