Coconut Lentils Curry with Brussels Sprouts and Rice Recipe
By February 16, 2017Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 12 mins
- 50g Brown rice
- 50g Red Curry paste
- 3 spoons Soya sauce
- 1 whole onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 whole fresh tomatoes blended
- 2 spoons Coconut oil
- 2 spoons ginger paste
- fine sea salt to taste
- 12 pieces Brussel Sprouts
- 1 cup Lentils
- 100g Alpro Fresh Coconut Milk
- Cook the lentils in water according to the instruction on packaging. Drain the lentils from the water once cooked.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a sauce pan sauce pan. Add the chopped onion,ginger paste and garlic and saute them for 1mins.
- Then add the blended tomatoes and cook under medium heat for 20mins. Stir the sauce every 5mins.
- For serving, transfer a portion of the sauce into a bowl, serve with a grain of your choice( i.e. bread, rice, quinoa). Enjoy!!
- Steam the brussels sprouts in salted water for3-5mins. Transfer the sprouts into the curry sauce.
- Cook the brown rice in a rice cooker according to the instructions on the packaging.