Cauliflower Pizza with Artichokes, Capers, Gherkins, Pickled Peppers & Cashew Cheese Recipe
By May 22, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 14 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 60 mins
- Ready In: 15 hrs 15 mins
- 1/3 cup raw cashew soaked for 7-14 hours and then drained
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- 2 spoons tapioca flour
- 2 spoons nutritional yeast
- 11/2 cup water
- 2 spoons fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 spoon dry oregano
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 2 large tomatoes seeded and sliced
- 1 chili peeper diced
- 150g marinated artichokes
- 100g pickled peppers
- 2 spoons olive oil
- 1 handful rocket salad
- 1 spoon capers
- To make the cashew cheese, place the cashews in a blender. Add 1 cup of water, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 spoon of tapioca flour, 2 spoons lemon juice, 1 spoon nutritional yeast and salt to taste and then blend till smooth.
- Transfer the cashew milk mixture using a cheese cloth. Transfer the milk into a sauce pan and cook for 5mins on high heat. Stir while cooking.
- For the pizza base, blend the cauliflower in a food processor. Then transfer it into a large sauce pan, 2 -3cups water and bring to boil. Then drain the cooked cauliflower in strainer.
- Transfer the cauliflower into a cheese cloth place in a freeze for 10mins for it to cool down. Remove it from the freezer and then and squeeze the water from it.
- Transfer the cauliflower into a large bowl, add 1 spoon tapioca flour, the ground almonds, olive oil, 1/3 cup of water, salt to taste, 1 spoon of nutritional yeast. Mix them altogether to form a dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a baking paper on an oven tray. spread the dough to create a flat surface on the tray.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 C for 10mins, then place the dough in the oven cook both sides of the it for 30mins.
- For the tomato sauce, place the chopped tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, 1 spoon lemon juice, salt to taste,chili pepper in a food processor and blend till smooth.
- remove the pizza dough from the oven and then spread the tomato sauce over the its surface. Place it back in the oven for 10mins.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven. Add the capers, artichokes, pickled peppers and the finally the cashew cheese over it.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and let it cook for another 10mins. Then remove it from the oven and sprinkle a handful of rocket salad over it as garnish. Enjoy!!