Cabbage Stew with Peas and Carrots Recipe
By March 5, 2017Published:
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
- 2 cups chopped white Cabbage
- 3 carrots peeled
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 large fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 whole red Onion peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic Peeled and chopped
- 3 spoons Olive oil
- salt to taste
- 200ml water
- 1 spoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 spoon dry oregano
- 1 spoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 spoon Vegan Bouillon Powder
- 1 can Green olives
- Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, ginger paste in a blender. Add the water, oregano, vegan bouillon powder and the cayenne pepper powder and blend till smooth.
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan, add the blended mixture. Bring to boil and add the apple cider vinegar, tomato puree and a pinch of salt. Mix them together. Cover the sauce pan and let the stew simmer under low temperature for 30mins. Stir the stew every 10mins.
- Then add the cabbage and olives to the stew and let it simmer for 3mins. Steam the peas for 5mins and add to the stew. Finally, add the peeled carrots to the stew just before serving.
- Transfer a portion of the stew onto a serving plate, then serve it with a grain of your choice.