Cabbage and Chickpeas Shepherd Pie Recipe
By November 20, 2016Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 55 mins
- 400g Potatoes Peeled and chopped
- 20g Dairy-free margarine
- 50g Parsley blended
- 2 whole Onions peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves Clove of garlic
- 1 can Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 spoons Extra virgin oil
- 2 cups Chopped Cabbage
- 3 Celery sticks chopped
- 3 spoons Vegetable bouillon paste
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup Soya Milk
- 3 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 1 can Chick peas
- Sea salt
- Boil the potatoes in water for 10-15mins.
Drain and place them in a bowl and then mash them.
- Heat up the margarine in a pan for 1-2mins. Transfer the margarine to the mash potatoes and add salt and soya milk and 2 spoons of blended parsley and salt to taste. Mix them together.
- Place the olive oil in a sauce pan. Add the chopped onions , and garlic and fry for 1mins. Then add salt, the can of tomatoes, vegetable bouillon paste. Bring to boil and cover and cook under low temperature for 20mins. Stir the sauce every 5mins.
- Add the chick peas and cook for another 10mins. Then add the cabbage, parsley,carrots, celery, rosemary and salt to tasteand mix together. Transfer the sauce into a casserole oven dish tray. Spread the mash over the sauce. Then brush soya milk over the surface of the mash.
- Pre-heat up the oven at 220C. Transfer the dish into the oven and bake for 30mins.
- Remove the shepherd pie dish from the oven. Let it cool down for 5mins. Transfer a portion onto a plate for serving