Spicy Beetroot Hummus with Salad & Pecan Rasin Bread Recipe
By July 17, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Ready In: 32 mins
- 2 beetroots chopped into pieces
- 1 little Ggem butterhead Lettuce sliced
- 300g Pecan Rasin Bread sliced
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and seeded
- 4 spoons olive oil
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 2 spoons cayenne pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 spoon cumin
- 1 carrot peeled
- 1 fresh paprika seeded and finely sliced
- 1/4 red onion peeled and sliced
- 10 pieces cherry tomatoes sliced
- Boil the beetroot in water for 20-25mins till they are tender.
- Transfer the beetroot into a food processor, the add the garlic, lemon juice, salt to taste, cayenne pepper, cumin, tahini sauce, 3 spoons of olive oil and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the beetroot hummus into a small bowl and drizzle one spoon of olive oil over it.
- For the salad, mix the little gem lettuce, carrot, paprika, onion, cherry tomatoes together.
- Transfer a portion of the salad mix onto a plate and serve with the beetroot hummus and some slices of pecan bread. Enjoy!!