Basil, Onion & Peas Pizza Tart with Olives Recipe
By September 18, 2016Published:
- 1 cup split yellow peas
- 1 short crust pastry dough
- 1 whole onion peeled and sliced
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 pieces stuffed olives
- 1 handful basil leaves roughly cut
- fine sea salt to taste
- cayenne pepper powder
- 2 vegetable bouillon paste
- Cook the split yellow peas according to instructions on package or bring it to boil and then add salt and let it simmer for 30mins. Drain the water from the peas.
- Place the 1/2 can of tomatoes, onion, garlic, vegetable bouillon paste, cayenne pepper powder in a blender. Blend till it is smooth.
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauce pan for 1min. Then add the blended tomato mix. Bring it to boil and then let it cook at a low temperature for 30mins. Then add the cooked peas and salt to taste and let it simmer for another 10mins.
- Spread the pastry dough onto an oven tray. Then spread the tomato sauce over the surface. Then add the olives, chopped onions.
- Preheat the oven at 220C for 10mins. Then transfer the tart and cook for 10mins. Remove it from the oven and sprinkle fresh basil all over it.
- For serving, slice the tart into medium size portions. Transfer a portion onto a plate for serving. Enjoy!!