Basil and Mushroom Sauerkraut Recipe
By January 24, 2015Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
- 200g sauerkraut
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 spoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 50g fresh basil chopped
- spicy aromatic olive oil
- 20 pieces oyster mushroom
- 1/2 spoon sea salt
- In a griddle pan, place the 4 spoons of extra olive oil. let it heat for a few seconds. Then add the chopped onion, the oyster mushrooms, garlic and sea salt. Cook for 60 seconds on medium heat.
- Add the drained and washed sauerkraut to the mix. stir thoroughly. Cook for 10 - 15 mins on low heat.
- Let it cool down for a few minutes. Add the chopped basil and mix thoroughly.
- For serving, transfer the a portion of the sauerkraut mix onto a plate and drizzle abit of the spicy aromatic olive oil over it. Enjoy!!