Avocado Black Eyed Beans on Cranberry and Pecan Baton Recipe
By March 12, 2016Published:
- Prep: 7 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 7 hrs 45 mins
- 8 slices Cranberry and Pecan Toasted Baton Bread
- 2 spoons soda powder
- 1 cup Black Eyed Beans soaked in baking soda water for 7 hours
- 1 whole Avocado peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 Red Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes sliced into four each
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 spoons Olive Oil
- 100g Fresh Parsley blended
- 2 chilli peppers finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Drain the soda water from the beans and wash them twice. Add fresh water and cook bring the beans to boil. Drain the water from the beans, then rise them and add fresh water and cook the beans. Repeat the step twice. Overall, cook the beans for 45mins and then drain the water from them.
- Transfer the beans in a large bowl, add the chopped onion, parsley, chili peppers, avocado, lemon juice, the olive oil and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients together.
- For serving, transfer 2-3 spoons of the beans mix onto each slice of toasted baton bread. Then add 1-2 of the sliced cherry tomatoes on top for garnish. Enjoy!!