Smoked Aubergine Puree with Pomegranate Bulgur and Feta Cheese Salad Recipe
By January 10, 2016Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 1 whole aubergine
- 5 spoons extra virgin oil
- 2 heads leafy greens
- 1 chilli sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- 1 spoon fresh thyme
- 1 spoon fresh ginger juice
- 2 spoons lemon juice
- 10 olives
- 1/2 avocado peeled, seeded and cubed
- 100g cubed feta cheese
- salt to taste
- Heat up the oven under 220 degrees. Cut the aubergine into two. Wrap each one aubergine in a foil and place them in the oven. Roast them for 20minutes in the oven.
- Remove the foils from the aubergines. Place them in a food processor. Add the chili, one spoon of lemon juice, ginger juice, salt to taste, fresh thyme, garlic and three spoons of extra virgin oil. Blend for 30 -60 seconds. Spread some of the aubergine puree in the centre of a plate
- Place the bulgur in a pot. Add 11/2 cup of water. Add the vegetable bouillon and boil at a low temperature for 20- 30minutes. One cook transfer into a large bowl.
- Let it cool down for 10minutes. Add the pomegranate, one spoon of lemon juice, two spoons of extra virgin oil and salt to taste. Mix them all together. Add the feta cheese and mix them again. Transfer one - two spoons of the salad in the middle of the aubergine puree. Top up with a few of the cubed avocado. Enjoy!!